Sunday, April 8, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

Lately we have been enjoying a basic bowl of cooked whole grains for breakfast. Once a week I'll cook up a cup each of whole oats and brown rice, mix them together and it lasts us a few days. I'll generally use 2/3-1 cup of the cooked grain as a serving. In this bowl I;ve got oats and rice, raw almond milk, tahini, banana, chopped dried apricots, chia seeds and molasses. I usually heat up the grains and then pour cold milk on top.

It tastes good, has a good texture and is very filling without being too heavy. I like that in a breakfast.

2 comments:

Joey said...

It's always oats for breakfast for me too - I've been mixing them with amaranth and blackberries of late and it's none too shabby!

Little Dumpling said...

Sounds interesting - I love creamy oats for breakfast with slices of banana, a bit of honey and a sprinkle of blueberries - sometimes I'll also add some roasted almonds or mixed nuts on top for a bit more protein - it keeps me going all the way till lunch:)