Friday, June 25, 2010

Pig Goes Pop, and a delicious soup

This is one of the most disgusting childrens games I've ever seen: Pig Goes Pop! (That's a link to the tv advert on youtube).

How about we make a foie gras next time?

Mmmmm, delicious.

Anyway, I did make a nice soup last night. (I am definately in a soup mood). The weather is getting colder and colder and soup is just nice now.

I got the recipe from fatfreevegankitchen.com here. It's: Pink Bean, Quinoa and Spinach soup. I added a few things that were just about to go bad in the fridge: some cauliflower, mushrooms, snow peas. It needed more spices for me (Particularly chilli) so I think tonight when we have some leftovers I'll add some. We had it with garlic toast (because I forgot to buy a french loaf). There is actually spinach in there, but I used the finely chopped frozen stuff cuz that's what I had so it doesn't really show. I also had run out of red kidney beans so I used soy beans and chickpeas instead :)

I'll be making lots of yummy bits and pieces this weekend because we are going on a picnic to celebrate our anniversary :) Hopefully I remember the camera.

No comments: