Monday, October 11, 2010

So busy, everything breaks at once!

It's been a while! Our internet was down for over a week. It's amazing how much we depend on technology. We were pretty much lost, ha. 

I made a few yummies, mostly cheap re runs like bean curries and lentils and rice etc, as I found out I get paid fornightly and it leaves me without money for ages but that's okay. 
I bought a can of soy condensed milk ages ago and didn't know what to make...then I found a recipe for macaroons. I'd never had macaroons before. I'll probably never make them again! I can't believe recipes call for SWEETENED coconut! Insane. I used unsweeted and they were so sweet we were almost sick haha. So delicious though. I'm glad they are gone! I drizzled dark chocolate on top.
A friend of ours had a baby so I made some little boots (so tiny!) and a tomato hat! I want a tomato hat.
Mushroom curry with karrijis on the side. Pretty damn good.

Yesterday I decided to slave over pot stickers/dumplings. The filling is minced tvp mince, spring onion, carrot and garlic and soy sauce. So worth it. I made thai tom yum soup with cabbage and kohl rabi on the side :)

No comments: